Regular WNHL rules apply
2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie
Goals for and goals against factor in the standings
The tiebreaker will be the standings from the Regular Season from September 14th 2016 to February 22nd 2017
The weather is getting crisp and the leaves are falling, that can only mean one thing! Christmas! No. Halloween? No. That’s for scary murdering Clowns. The end of the world under President Trump? No but maybe!?…If you guessed the WNHL Christmas Classic Tournament at the Welland Main Arena, you are correct!
We had an amazing time last year as the team Matt Sajn built was the 2015 Champs. We have made a couple changes to the tournament layout to make it more competitive for the WNHL Athletes and more entertaining for the thousands of fans in attendance.
Here are some of the details:
Registration Fee: $40 per player includes 3 games, A free WNHL Beer Cozy, free pizza before the tournament at the Arena Lounge, a 15 pack of OV for each team after each game, and a Rex Hotel Buffet after the Tournament. Money is due Wednesday November 16th to be a part of the draft being held November 23rd 2016. Money can be given face to face to me or email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All current WNHL Athletes will get first access to the tournament before November 16th. After that date the tournament will be open to friends of the WNHL.
Draft Night: Wednesday November 23rd 2016 at 7:30pm at the Rex Hotel. Round Table Draft, no suits, no media allowed. Goalies will be included in the draft listing with the skaters.
Our four GM’s will be
- Mike Podio (Red Truck, Red Hair)
- Grant Vash (The Author of Vashology)
- Ryan Stack (Stack 2.Bro)
- Jay Thom (Malkin/Pens Guy)
Tournament Date: December 10th 2016 2:30pm Registration/Donated Food Weigh-in at the Welland Main Arena. The lounge upstairs will be open for a Meet and Greet for WNHL Athletes and Fans. Free Pizza for WNHL Athletes.
Last year we did an amazing job donating food for Open Arms Mission and had a great internal competition. Donated Food Differential is still the #1 Tie Breaker for the Round Robin Portion. Food Donation finish at 4pm. Fans are encouraged to bring in food, just make sure they tell them what team they are donating the food to so that can it be added to the total for your team.
New Food Donation Regulation Rule: No Water or Beverages of any sort. Soup is permitted
- The first two games on each team`s schedule will be a round robin style
- 3 – 10 minute Run Time periods and floods after each game. If a team wins a period a point will be given. For Example Team A scores 1 goal and Team B scores 0 in the 1st period Team A will be awarded 1 point in the standings. If Team B scores 1 goal in the 2nd period to tie the game and Team A scores no goals in the 2nd period Team B will get one point in the standings for that period.
- 2 points will be given for the team that wins the game
- Tie games will give each team 1 point
- At the end of the each game there will be a 3 player shootout. Each team will pick their best shooters and at the end of the 3 shooters if one team wins they will receive 1 point. If it is a tie both teams will receive 0 points in the standings from the shootout.
This layout will encourage goal scoring and prevent a team from riding a hot goalie and playing a “New Jersey Devil 1997” style of hockey to protect a win or protect their standing results.
Make sure you bring both your White and Black WNHL Jerseys because you will rotate them.
|South Bench – White Jerseys||North Bench – Black Jerseys|
|4:00pm||Game 1||Team Podio||Team Thom|
|5:00pm||Game 2||Team Stack 2.0||Team Vash|
|6:00pm||Game 3||Team Thom||Team Vash|
|7:00pm||Game 4||Team Podio||Team Stack 2.0|
This should be an amazing time. It’ll be great to have everyone out!