The WNHL Players, fans and volunteers completely out did themselves for the 2019 WNHL Christmas Classic this year. The tournament of only four teams was able to bring in 3900 pounds of food for Open Arms Mission in Welland. Which is 1800 pound increase from last year. This generosity will make a great impact for Holidays for so many in the community. There is so many beer leagues in Canada but this one really drinks, eats, plays and gives back to the City they battle in. Great work and we will see you next year!!!
|White Jerseys||Black Jerseys|
|2:00pm||Game 1||Stack Plumbing Snakes||Wet Bandits|
|3:00pm||Game 2||Hot Dawgs||Welland Wings|
|4:00pm||Game 3||Welland Wings||Stack Plumbing Snakes|
|5:00pm||Game 4||Wet Bandits||Hot Dawgs|
1pm – Registration and Food Weigh in
2pm – First Game Begins
8pm – Champions Crowned
9pm – Pizza and Nacho Buffet at The Rex Hotel
We have always done an amazing job donating food for Open Arms Mission and had a great internal competition and donated over 2000 pounds of food. This year I would like to get up 2400 pounds of food.
Donated Food Differential is still the #1 Tie Breaker for the Round Robin Portion. Food Donation finish at 4pm. Fans are encouraged to bring in food, just make sure they tell them what team they are donating the food to so that can it be added to the total for your team.
Food Donation Regulation Rule: No Water or Beverages of any sort. Soup is permitted
- The first two games on each team`s schedule will be a round robin style
- 3 – 10 minute Run Time periods and floods after each game. If a team wins a period a point will be given. For Example Team A scores 1 goal and Team B scores 0 in the 1st period Team A will be awarded 1 point in the standings. If Team B scores 1 goal in the 2nd period to tie the game and Team A scores no goals in the 2nd period Team B will get one point in the standings for that period.
- 2 points will be given for the team that wins the game
- Tie games will give each team 1 point
- At the end of the each game there will be a 3 player shootout. Each team will pick the opposing teams shooters whoever has the most goals after the three shooters will get a point in the standings. If it is a tie or no team scores both teams will receive 0 points in the standings from the shootout.
- NEW THIS YEAR – The Championship Game will be 3 13 minute periods with stop time the final two minutes of every period. The Loser Game will be 3 10 minute periods with stop time the final two minutes of each period.
- NEW THIS YEAR – A half point will be awarded to teams that complete a game with no penalties
Make sure your players bring both your White and Black WNHL Jerseys because you will rotate them
The time is almost here for the best little hockey tournament that Christmas could ever ask for. This Wednesday November 27th will be the Draft for the WNHL Christmas Classic 2019 at the Rex Hotel at 8pm. Frankie, Foster, Beadle and Stack will be assembling their best efforts in a round table style drafts. Brothers want to be with Brothers, friends want to be with friends and lovers want to be with their beer. Trades, bribes and maybe even a quid pro quo may happen for our GM’s to get the team they want.
The Tournament will be held on Saturday December 7th at the Welland Youth Arena aka “The Jack” registration begins at 1pm. Remember all the teams are in battle to bring in the most non-perishable food items for Open Arms Mission. The weight of your team’s food donated will be the first tie-breaker in who gets in the Championship Game. No Water or Liquids allowed, Soup is acceptable.
New additions for this year is that we will be awarding a .5 in the standings for a gentlemen point for a team that completes a game penalty free. More details will be released the week of the tournament.